Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Discussion Question 3

In Flowers for Algernon, Charlie thinks that being as smart as his friends would be the ideal life for him as he feels that achieving intelligence or high Intelligence Quota(IQ) equals happiness. However, he is proved wrong as he is isolated from those he loves and cares about when he achieves intelligence as he is unable to approach them from the same intellectual level.

This question is controversial as it depends on each individual's own opinion. As for me, I feel that the ideal life would be one where I would have a perfect job and a loving family and be someone people admire and respect. In this case, I would be satisfied with my job and able to look forward to returning to a warm family after work. Furthermore, I would be respected and looked up upon, hence being the ideal life for me. However, others might say that they think an ideal life would be one where they are rich and powerful while yet someone else might feel that having no stress and homework would be the ideal life for them. Thus, this question is entirely subjected to each person's opinion and has no absolute or definite answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment